DOCTORAL PROGRAMS » Doctor of Ministry
Doctor of Ministry
The Doctor of Ministry degree at BBS is an advanced professional education program for men who want to further develop and excel in biblical leadership. Built on a strong theological foundation, the program focuses on practical aspects of pastoral leadership, in global ministry, para-church and counseling ministries.
With a Doctor of Ministry, you will be able to analyze and meet the biblical needs of the people in your ministry setting. With the theological strength and biblical tools, you will develop a thorough ministry philosophy to maximize your effectiveness in ministry.
Depending on your background and previous theological education, the program may require either 28 or 34 credit hours. Five concentrations are available to choose from to customize your education and tailor it to your ministry needs. D.Min. Concentrations include:
- Leadership in Pastoral Ministry
- Leadership in Theological Studies
- Leadership in Global Ministry
- Leadership in Counseling and Spiritual Development
- Leadership in Communication
Watch D.Min. students talk about the program here.
To make your BBS education as practical as possible, the unique learning contract is a part of the tailoring and customization of your doctoral study.
For each class, you will meet with your professor to outline your educational goals for the program. It gives you the power to decide the focus of coursework for each class. This will help you develop your dissertation project through each course.
D.Min. Dissertation Project
This is written toward the purpose and nature of your specific ministry. At BBS, your seminary study will equip you for greater service and focus for the rest of your career. Your program director will work with you to develop your project. Types of projects include:
- Ministry Analysis Dissertation Project includes four major areas of study: 1) analyze an aspect of your ministry, 2) ministry philosophy, 3) develop the biblical rationale of the ministry, and 4) develop a strategy to improve some part of the ministry.
- Educational Program Dissertation helps you develop curriculum for your ministry. It has four major areas of study: 1) student/ministry analysis, 2) educational philosophy, 3) biblical/theological foundation, and 4) curriculum development.
- Training Manual Dissertation Project helps you prepare a training manual for your ministry setting. It has four major areas of study: 1) student/ministry analysis, 2) educational philosophy, 3) biblical/theological foundation, and 4) curriculum development.
- Writing Project Format Dissertation Project helps you develop a topic for publication. It has four major areas of study: 1) audience analysis, 2) writing philosophy, 3) biblical/theological foundation, 4) writing project development.
formats, degrees, concentrations...
formats, degrees, comparison...
apply online, request info, visit...
professors, bios, dean's blog...
RESOURCES & EVENTS
council, barndollar lectureship, publications...
church planting, New York City, vision...
STUDENT LIFE & LINKS
campus & community, moodle, portal...
doctrine, accreditation, fast facts...
COSTS & FINANCIAL AID
costs, scholarships, resources...
career services, transcripts, events...
help students today...
navigate to other BBC&S websites...