NEWS & PRESS RELEASES
Radiate focuses senior high students on outreach, missions
Senior high students interested in local outreach and cross-cultural ministries have a special opportunity in April to learn, grow, and prepare.
"Radiate" is a special Wednesday evening to Sunday noon event set for April 9-13. It mixes classroom instruction on teaching the Bible and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with daily off-campus opportunities to reach others. The experience includes:
- Practical instruction from qualified and experienced speakers for developing ministry and outreach skills.
- Challenging and motivating messages from God's Word.
- Special worship opportunities.
- Interaction with BBC's missions and ministry-focused students.
- Daily hands-on evangelistic training in a variety of cross-cultural settings, including communities near campus and large major-metro areas.
Learn more online at www.bbc.edu/radiate.
Many students went home from Radiate 2013 with an eager passion to further serve Jesus Christ where they are, with the conference influencing them to grow in their faith through missions.
"This was the most life changing thing because I finally found my true calling, missions," said Rebekah Eroh of Weatherly, PA. "I feel like God is calling me to that."
The local outreach and missions-focused opportunities connected deeply with some participants.
"We think we have to go overseas but we can do so much here and now," said Sara Villa of Buffalo, NY.
See pictures from the event here.
Get details and register online at www.bbc.edu/radiate. The cost is just $100 per person. It includes four nights of lodging, meals, T-shirt, and more.
Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, so those interested in attending are asked to register early.
Youth leaders can attend for half price when coming with teenagers. Overnight accommodations can be made available in a separate location on campus.
- Mel Walker, BBC&S Vice President for Enrollment & External Relations, a youth ministry specialist, and founder of Vision for Youth.
- John Jackson, BBC Director of Alumni & Church Relations, a veteran missionary and youth worker.
- Jason Jackson, a veteran youth pastor and experienced leader of youth missions trips.
- Travis Walker, youth leader and director of middle school and youth ministries.
Students in attendance may earn college credit for their participation. Contact Admissions at 800.451.7664 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Questions? Call 570.585.9361 or email email@example.com.
Baptist Bible College & Seminary offers an outstanding Christian education through on-campus, online, and other distance learning options. Students go beyond the ordinary, learning to serve with excellence as they gain critical leadership and life skills.
To learn more, go to www.bbc.edu or call 570.586.2400.
Posted on: 2/3/2014 8:49:22 AM