NEWS & PRESS RELEASES
Minister's Enrichment Day offers fellowship, counsel
A special time of encouragement and learning is set for pastors, youth pastors, and their wives during Baptist Bible Seminary's spring Minister's Enrichment Day.
"Avoiding Ministry Burnout: Listening to Good Counsel from the Word of God" is the focus of the Tuesday, March 9 event. The schedule includes a keynote session, a general session, and two afternoon workshops, as well as time to visit the BBC&S Campus.
Youth pastors are encouraged to bring teens in their church to meet with Admissions representatives and tour campus. A special visit will be arranged through BBC Admissions.
The registration deadline is March 1. Download a registration and information form here.
For details, contact Lee Kliewer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570.585.9360.
The event runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. The cost is $12 per person and includes lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
The event is also a great opportunity for future college students to see the campus, meet professors, and learn about the 30 undergraduate programs offered at BBC. It is also a good way to build relationships with students while driving to Clarks Summit, PA.
For details on the College Visit, contact Dorcas Morgan at email@example.com or 800.451.7664.
Encouragement for pastors, wives
Dr. Steve Viars, Senior Pastor at Faith Baptist Church in Lafayette, IN, is the keynote speaker. Dr. Viars is a certified counselor and former president of the National Association of Nouthetic Counselors, an organization that promotes excellence in biblical counseling. Dr. Viars has been in ministering at Faith Baptist Church for over 20 years.
Workshops for pastors include:
- "Avoiding Burnout in Ministry by Stoking the Fire at Home" with Dr. Mark McGinniss
- "Planning Your Preaching: A Way to Beat Burnout" with Dr. Gary Gromacki
- "Avoiding Ministry Burnout by Empowering Your Youth Staff" with Dwight Peterson
- "Plan to Intensify Your Influence Without Burning Out" with Dr. Dann Austin
- "Ministry Burnout and Conflict: Causes, Consequences and Potential Cures" with Dr. David Mappes
- "Surfing the Storm Surge: Riding the Waves of Life's Challenges" with Dr. Dennis Wilhite
Workshops for wives include:
- "Does Ministry Burnout Affect Family Life? with Joanna Arp
- "Would you Like Fries with That?: Finding Satisfaction from God" with Sherrie Holloway
Baptist Bible College & Seminary offers an outstanding Christian education through on campus, online, and other distance learning options. Students learn to serve and lead as they gain critical leadership and life skills. To learn more, go to www.bbc.edu or call 570.586.2400.
Posted on: 1/22/2010 3:07:46 PM