The tutorials provided through links on this page are designed to help patrons better utilize the online resources of
Murphy Memorial Library. This includes the basic tutorials, tutorials for most of our databases, and tutorials and helps for the databases supplied by our database vendors.
These are the basic tutorials for using the library’s online resources.
- Website Tutorial – Demonstrates how to navigate the library’s website and use the resources on the site.
- Find Books and Articles – A step-by-step detailed flowchart showing how to find books and articles.
- Database Guide – Quick and simple guide to finding the best database to use for your research.
- Faculty Guide - Faculty guide to the library and how to utilize our resources and services
FAQs - Link to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
Library tutorials for databases:
- Credo Reference – How to use Credo Reference database.
- EBSCO – Basic how-to for EBSCO family of databases (except Literary Reference Center).
- Gale – Covers how to use Gale Databases.
- JSTOR – Tutorial for JSTOR e-journal archive.
- Oxford Biblical Studies Online & Oxford Reference – Tutorial for Oxford Biblical Studies and Oxford Reference.
- ProQuest – Covers ProQuest databases (including Dissertations & Theses).
- EBSCO (All Tutorials) – Page with tutorials for all EBSCO products.
- EBSCO (Literary Reference Center) – Shows how to use EBSCO'S Literary Reference Center.
- EBSCO (Searching) – Covers the basics of using EBSCO database platform.
- Gale (Academic Onefile) – Tutorial covering basics of searching Academic Onefile.
- Gale (All tutorials) – List of all tutorials for Gale products.
- JSTOR (All Tutorials) – Page with all JSTOR tutorials.
- JSTOR (Basic Searching) – How to do basic searching in JSTOR.
- ProQuest (Dissertations & Theses) – Tip sheet for using Dissertations & Theses.
Vendor tutorials for databases: