FINANCIAL AID » Applying for Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Package for 13-14
First-time Freshmen = $18,648
(from all sources of aid)
Full-time Undergraduates = $17,332
(from all sources of aid)
Estimated Annual Costs for 2014-15
For full-time, on-campus undergraduate
|Board||$4,620 (21 meal plan)|
Estimate Your Cost
Use our Net Price Calculator to determine
your financial aid package.
|Applying for Financial Aid|
|Grants & Scholarships|
|Guide to Financial Aid|
|Financial Aid Brochure|
Excellent biblical higher education is an important and affordable investment. More than 95 percent of our students received assistance last year – totaling more than $5 million.
Help directly from BBC includes:
-- BBC Grant. This powerful grant is offered to all new students. It can provide from $11,000 to $23,000 for tuition over four years.
-- Distinguished Student Scholarships. You can earn up to $20,000 for tuition over four years for your distinguishable qualities, including demonstrated academic and leadership abilities. The President's Scholarship provides $5,000 each year. The Dean's Scholarship offers $3,000 annually. You must apply for consideration.
-- Other grants, scholarships, loans, and part-time jobs can help cover the remainder of your costs.
Many kinds of financial aid are available to help cover the cost of your education. The following information will guide you in finding the aid you need to make your college years as inexpensive as possible.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA). This is your key to financial aid at almost any institution. It is required for all forms of federal and state aid, and even the BBC Grant.
- Do this as soon as possible after January 1. If you are applying for aid for the 2014-2015 academic year, you will need information from your 2013 income tax forms. Please click here to complete the application online at www.fafsa.gov. Completing the "FAFSA on the Web" shortens processing time and reduces errors.
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to upload your 2013 tax information directly into the FAFSA. If you filed electronically, wait two weeks before filing your FAFSA. If you filed manually, wait six to eight weeks before filing your FAFSA. If you would like instructions on how to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool in the FAFSA, click here.
- Remember to enter Baptist Bible College, code 002670. After completing this application, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) detailing the results of the FAFSA.
- Review the Student Aid report you receive from the federal processor. Check it for accuracy and make any necessary changes. If no corrections are necessary, keep the Student Aid report for future reference.
- Respond promptly to requests for documentation.
- If the Department of Education selects your Student Aid Report for a process called "verification," we will need to request corresponding documentation. This will include a 2013 tax return transcript from the IRS and verification worksheets. Other documents may be required for verifying your FAFSA. Please click here for these verification forms. Return the forms to the BBC Office of Student Financial Services.
- Research and apply for grants and scholarships.
- Grants and scholarships are forms of financial aid that do not need to be repaid. Every student who has filed a FAFSA and received a 2.0 or higher GPA will receive the BBC Grant, which is between $2,750 and $5,750 per academic year. Other grants and scholarships are available through both federal and state governments. Apply for as many grants and scholarships as you can or for which you are eligible. For more information on the BBC Grant and other grants and scholarships, please click here.
- Read your preliminary award letter.
- After you are accepted into BBC and have filed your FAFSA, you will receive a preliminary "Award Letter" indicating potential financial aid. At this time, you will be given loan options and instructions. A loan is a type of aid that is awarded and needs to be repaid. Carefully consider applying for student loans to cover the remaining costs of your education.
- Pay your deposit.
- A required $250 deposit must be submitted to finalize your financial aid package.
- Consider a part-time job.
- A part-time job can help pay your college expenses. BBC is located in a community in which many jobs are available to college students. A limited number of on campus jobs are available. To see a list of available on campus jobs, please click here.
- The Federal Work Study (FWS) program also provides part-time employment for students who according to the FAFSA demonstrate financial need. Federal Work Study (FWS) positions may be available on campus as long as the position serves student needs and may be available off campus as long as the position provides a service to the community. For more information concerning Federal Work Study (FWS) jobs, please click here.
- Ask questions.
- For further assistance, contact the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570.586.2400 or 800.451.7664, option 5.
What they say
"I didn't know how I would pay for BBC. My parents were missionaries and then my dad passed away during my senior year of high school. I even considered not going to college. But God was so gracious. He taught me over and over again that He would provide because BBC is where He wanted me. It wasn't always how I expected it, but God provided jobs, grants, and scholarships. I learned to work hard which prepared me for the tough stuff that is often involved in day to day ministry. The staff at BBC was so supportive--they really invested in my life. With their help and by God's faithfulness I graduated debt free!"
- Cynthia Taylor, BBC Graduate
ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
COSTS AND FINANCIAL AID
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
- Overview Page
- Estimated Costs
- Net Price Calculator
- Grants & Scholarships
- Resources and Forms
- Guide to Awards
- Terms & Conditions
- FAFSA Verification
- Billing & Payment
- Gainful Employment
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...