CAMPUS LIFE » RESIDENCE HALL LIFE » Thomson Hall
Family: husband–Phil, and sons–Anden and Grayson
2014-2015 will be Sarah's first year as a Resident Director.
History of Thomson
Miss Mabel Thomson was one of Baptist Bible’s original teachers. Recognized and respected as an excellent Bible teacher, Miss Thomson was known for her etiquette, strict discipline, and genuine interest in the lives of students. She earned a reputation among her students as “stern” but “loveable.” She also served as Dean of Women and Business Manager. Miss Mabel Thomson died in 1952 after many years of service. That same year, as a tribute to Miss Thomson’s devotion both to her Lord and to BBS, the school’s newest building was named Thomson Hall.
- Thomson Hall is a dynamic environment, functioning on high-energy and enthusiasm, and supported by a strong sense of community.
- In the past, the ladies of Thomson have served the campus through their Beautiful Lengths hair-drive, an opportunity for students to donate wigs for women who have lost their hair due to cancer treatments. They have also held an annual Valentine’s Day sale in which all the proceeds go to a needy family or, recently, CareNet pregnancy center.
- Dorm traditions include their annual progressive dinner, a chance for residents to enjoy interaction with professors and various faculty members, and their Christmas Breakfast, planned and prepared by the dorm officers.
- In the upcoming school year, Thomson Hall will focus on their theme of “We are the Body.”
- In the spring of 2012, the ladies of Thomson dorm began volunteering at CareNet of Scranton, a crisis pregnancy center. There were 8-10 who went down on a weekly basis as well as helped out at their annual fundraising banquet in April. In addition to sending volunteers to the center, the dorm is able to contribute to this ministry by participating in CareNet’s Walk for Life, holding a campus-wide donation drive at Christmas, donating Valentine’s Day sale funds, and helping out at the spring banquet.
ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
COSTS AND FINANCIAL AID
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
- Overview Page
- Estimated Costs
- Net Price Calculator
- Grants & Scholarships
- Resources and Forms
- Guide to Awards
- Terms & Conditions
- FAFSA Verification
- Billing & Payment
- Gainful Employment
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...