CAMPUS LIFE » RESIDENCE HALL LIFE » Carter Hall
Number of years as director: 2012-2013 will be Michelle’s 16th year as Resident Director.
Raised in a Christian home from age seven, Michelle’s parents stressed the importance of doing what God wanted and pleasing Him as opposed to living life her way. Her parents are retired and continue to serve in many ways. She is the only girl, smack in the middle of two boys. Her two brothers are both married and serve in pastoral roles. She is blessed to have seven nieces and two nephews whom she loves dearly. She enjoys spending time with people, reading a good novel, going to the beach, painting, and scrapbooking. The Lord allowed her to serve overseas for two years in Durban, South Africa. As a result of living there, a few of her favorite vacation spots are the game park and mountain resorts in South Africa. She enjoys watching baseball, soccer, basketball, cricket, and rugby. She also enjoys being a facilitator for a ladies Bible study at Heritage Baptist Church, and is active with the Outreach Team.
History of Carter
Dr. Rembrandt Carter joined the Baptist Bible Seminary faculty in 1961 to teach in the history department. Dr. Carter came to be known for the clarity of his defense for the pre-millennial dispensational position, his cogent explanation of the Baptist distinctives, and his expertise in Puritan theology. Dr. Carter introduced a Fine Arts course to the BBS curriculum, and further encouraged interaction with the arts through “culture days,” during which students visited various cities like Washington D.C., Boston, New York, and Philadelphia. The school acknowledged his tremendous contribution by naming Carter Hall in his honor.
- Carter Hall opened in fall 2000 as a new dorm.
- The dorm plans fun campus-wide activities like “Honolulu Holidays” and “Clue Night.”
- Carter is well known for the delicious sausages they cook up every year for Homecoming.
- The women of Carter enjoy fellowshipping with one another through small groups, Saturday morning breakfasts, and late movie nights.
- Carter is very diverse, housing representatives from each female sports team, music group and drama production.
- The women in Carter look for ways to minister to others whether in the dorm or outside. They look forward to what another year will bring.
ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
COSTS AND FINANCIAL AID
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...