ACADEMICS » DEGREES & MAJORS » Sports & Health Science
Athletes train their bodies and minds for hard work, perseverance, and efficiency. Participating in sports and athletics is an exciting way to worship God.
In the Sports and Health Science major, you learn to assist athletes with their physical and spiritual needs. The major prepares you to lead in the health care field, whether on the mission field, in a school or camp, or in a professional health and wellness setting. A combination of science, physical education and ministry classes, this major develops you—through powerful classes and practical experience—for maximum impact.
Help others stay healthy
You love sports and have a heart for people. The human body is intriguing, and you find the science of biology and anatomy simply amazing. Your experience in sports has matured you as an athlete and Christian; you want to spend your life helping others do the same.
Get the training and experience you need to help others stay physically and spiritually healthy.
YOU WILL LEARN TO ...
- Analyze symptoms of common injuries.
- Care for sports-related orthopedic injuries.
- Assist athletes in training and nutrition.
- Prevent common injuries through healthy habits and conditioning.
YOU WILL LEAVE BBC WITH ...
- Strong foundations of human anatomy and physiology.
- Valuable hands-on experience in your field.
- Excellent preparation for further education.
- Biblically sound philosophies of exercise and health.
QUICK FACTS ...
- 131/134 Credits.
- You may choose the Pre-Athletic Training track (131 credits) or the Pre-Physical Therapy track (134 credits).
- The Pre-Athletic Training and Pre-Physical Therapy are pre-professional tracks. You will be well-prepared for further education and certification in your field of interest.
- No internship is required, but two semesters of practicums allow you to observe and gain experience in the field.
COURSES INCLUDE ...
- Personal and Community Health
- Individual, Dual, and Rhythmic Sports
- Adaptive Physical Education
- Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries
- Exercise Physiology
SEE MORE IN OUR COLLEGE CATALOG.
For questions or more information, contact Dr. Bill Higley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...