ACADEMICS » DEGREES & MAJORS » Music Education
teach and mentor through music
Music enriches the lives of people of all ages. Students learn to glorify God with their talents and need teachers who will instruct the technical and worshipful aspects of making music. The Music Education major provides you with a strong biblical foundation for teaching that music’s highest purpose is to magnify God. Through private lessons from accomplished musicians and courses in theory and education, you will learn to teach and mentor younger students in music. The hands-on training and events will challenge you, but you will become a well-rounded musician with superb skills and valuable experience.
Making an impact
Growing up music class was your favorite, whether it was weekly piano lessons, singing in choirs, or playing in the band. You are passionate about worshiping God through your musical talents. You have a heart for students, and want to mentor and teach them to be excellent and God-honoring musicians.
Get the training and experience you need to impact the lives of young musicians for the glory of God.
Watch a video about music at BBC here.
Meet Jenean Truax, a piano and voice instructor for the BBC Music Department.
YOU WILL LEARN TO ...
- Teach one-on-one and class music lessons.
- Create engaging lessons and learning environments.
- Lead professionally and biblically with integrity.
- Compose, arrange, and conduct music.
YOU WILL LEAVE BBC WITH ...
- Performance experience alongside distinguished faculty.
- Solid biblical philosophies of music and education.
- The ability to mentor others in music development and performance.
QUICK FACTS ...
- 145 Credits
- A semester of student teaching fulfills twelve academic credits. You will be placed in Christian school and public school settings.
- Upon graduation, you will be certified by the Association of Christian Schools International to teach music in grades K-12. You will be eligible to apply for Pennsylvania state certification, which shares reciprocity with most states.
- There are many opportunities to participate in vocal and instrumental ensembles and events throughout the year. Learn more here.
- Auditions are required of all students who wish to join a musical ensemble or who are applying for entrance into a music department program. For audition information, click here.
COURSES INCLUDE ...
- Teaching Music in Elementary Schools
- Vocal Composition and Arranging
- Psychology of Learning and Education
- Group Vocal Technique
SEE MORE IN OUR COLLEGE CATALOG.
For questions or more information, contact Dr. Larry Kauffman at email@example.com.
ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
COSTS AND FINANCIAL AID
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
- Overview Page
- Estimated Costs
- Net Price Calculator
- Grants & Scholarships
- Resources and Forms
- Guide to Awards
- Terms & Conditions
- FAFSA Verification
- Billing & Payment
- Gainful Employment
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...