ACADEMICS » DEGREES & MAJORS » Secondary Math
LOGIC AND MATHMATICS
Math is foundational to how our world works. An understanding of math fundamentals and its purpose is important for any field. Students need teachers who demonstrate a mastery of mathematical content and who will teach with patience from a biblical perspective. Logic and mathematics reveal a God of order, and can be used to glorify the Creator. The Secondary Math Education major equips you with the knowledge and practical skills to help others understand and use mathematics successfully. You will be prepared—through high-level math courses and qualified, ministry-minded faculty—to effectively teach and minister to students in the classroom.
The science of numbers
You have a knack for numbers. They make sense to you, and you’ve always been good at math. You love playing with numbers, and consequently, you see the world as a fascinating design of numbers and equations. You think very logically and concretely. The science of numbers is exciting to you, and you want to spend your life making it exciting for others, too.
Get the training and experience you need to make a difference in the lives of students—one equation at at time.
Meet Dr. John Best, Associate Professor in the Math Department.
YOU WILL LEARN TO ...
- Simplify challenging math concepts for students.
- Teach students with varying math abilities.
- Create and maintain an engaging learning environment.
- Interact with students, parents, and coworkers professionally and with integrity.
YOU WILL LEAVE BBC WITH ...
- Thorough comprehension of mathematics content.
- Valuable teaching experience.
- Solid biblical foundations for education and mathematics.
- Resources for practical classroom use.
QUICK FACTS ...
- 127 credits.
- A semester of student teaching fulfills twelve academic credits. You will be placed in public and Christian school settings.
- You will be certified by the Association of Christian Schools International for teaching Mathematics in grades 7-12.
- You will be eligible to apply for Pennsylvania state certification, which shares reciprocity with most states.
- Many students go on to pursue master and doctorate degrees. You will be well-prepared for graduate study at various graduate schools or BBC’s Master of Education program.
- A strong background in mathematics is valuable for careers in banking, insurance industries, governmental agencies, business, and law enforcement.
COURSES INCLUDE ...
- Calculus I
- Calculus II
- Discrete Mathematics
- Human Growth and Development
- Probability and Statistics
- Teaching Math in Secondary Schools
- Linear Algebra
- College Geometry
- Abstract Algebra
- Introductory Analysis
SEE MORE IN OUR COLLEGE CATALOG.
For details about the Math Education program, contact Dr. John Best.
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...