ACADEMICS » DEGREES & MAJORS » Counseling
THE TRUTH CHANGES LIVES
In practically every avenue of ministry, counseling happens, and in a hurting world, biblical counseling is a critical need. As both a career and a ministry, biblical counseling takes the principles and truths in the Bible and applies them to everyday life. The Counseling Ministries program equips you for counseling in a professional setting or in the local church. You will build a strong foundation of Bible knowledge, and learn how to make those truths practical to change lives. You will learn from professors who are experienced, nationally certified counselors who teach by the book and by example.
Help for the hurting
You have a heart for the hurting. People say you’re easy to talk to, and you enjoy hearing others’ stories. You easily sympathize with people, and you want to help them become who God desires them to be. You are passionate about God’s Word, and your greatest joy is seeing a life changed by biblical truth.
Get the knowledge and tools you need to counsel effectively and make a difference for Christ in the world.
Watch the Counseling Ministries video.
Meet Faye Moore, Associate Dean of Students and Assistant Professor for the Counseling program.
YOU WILL LEARN TO ...
- Help people deal biblically with problems.
- Discern between secular philosophy and biblical truth.
- Counsel with God’s Word in a variety of situations.
- Lead counseling ministries with biblical and ethical standards.
YOU WILL LEAVE BBC WITH ...
- Solid biblical philosophies of counseling and psychology
- Valuable listening and interpersonal skills.
- Practical tools and techniques for professional and lay-ministry counseling.
- A heart sensitized to the Holy Spirit’s leading in counseling settings.
- Strong educational foundations for graduate school and licensure.
QUICK FACTS ...
- 128 credits.
- As a pre-professional program, the counseling major fully equips you for further study in counseling, allowing you to pursue licensure.
- An internship is encouraged but not required. It provides first-hand experience in your area of interest and can be completed for academic credit.
- Dual enrollment in BBC’s Master of Science in Counseling allows you to get a head start in graduate work for future licensure.
- The Love-Life Marriage and Family Center on-campus provides counseling services to students and the community, and is a training center for counseling students.
YOU COULD BE A ...
- Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) Worker
- Lay ministry counselor
- Associate Pastor
- Counseling ministry director
- Social worker or counselor in a ministry organization
COURSES INCLUDE ...
History and Contemporary Theories in Counseling
Human Growth and Development
Introduction to Counseling
Issues in Professionalism
Marriage and Family Dynamics
Psychology of Learning
Tests and Measurements
Women Counseling Women or Pastoral Counseling
SEE MORE IN OUR COLLEGE CATALOG.
For details about the Counseling program, contact Professor Lynelle Buchanan.
ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
COSTS AND FINANCIAL AID
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
- Overview Page
- Estimated Costs
- Net Price Calculator
- Grants & Scholarships
- Resources and Forms
- Guide to Awards
- Terms & Conditions
- FAFSA Verification
- Billing & Payment
- Gainful Employment
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...