ACADEMICS » DEGREES & MAJORS » Communications / Writing
THE POWER OF THE WRITTEN WORD
The written word is a powerful avenue for proclaiming the gospel and making a difference for Christ. By combining the science and the art of language, you can create compelling messages that move people to deeper faith in Christ. The Communications major with a writing emphasis equips you with the knowledge and skills to effectively communicate through a variety of genres including fiction, journalism, creative writing, non-fiction and poetry.
Move People to Action
You have a love for words. Your many journals are filled with ideas, thoughts, and stories. You love to bring words to life, making the reader think and respond. Your passion is moving people to action through laughter, deep emotion, or poignant truth. Your greatest desire is to make a difference in the world through the power and beauty of the written word.
Develop your skills and get the tools you need to make a difference around the world through written communication.
Meet Rachel Wiren, Associate Professor, Department of English and Communications, School of Arts and Sciences.
YOU WILL LEARN TO ...
- Communicate effectively in a variety of venues.
- Produce creative, compelling prose.
- Stimulate thinking and elicit strong response through writing.
- Lead with integrity in journalism and news-related fields.
LEAVE BBC WITH ...
- Sharp writing skills for non-fiction, poetry, short story, prose, fiction, plays, and essay genres.
- Mastery of grammar and linguistics for success in the communications field.
- Biblical foundations and philosophies for communicating Scriptural truth.
- Hands-on experience in journalism, creative writing and business communication.
QUICK FACTS ...
- 130 Credits
- Writing practicum experience provides hands on training in real situations.
- Graduates have attented top level graduate programs and have gone on to work as editors, technical news producers, and journalists.
YOU COULD BE A ...
- Journalist, Novelist, or Play Wright
- Magazine or Newspaper Editor
- Freelance Writer
- Technical Writer
- Web Content Developer
COURSES INCLUDE ...
Contemporary Christian Writing
Creative Nonfiction Writing
Effective Business Communication
Introduction to Journalism
EN401 Fiction Writing
SEE MORE IN OUR COLLEGE CATALOG.
For questions or more information, contact Rachel Wiren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...