ACADEMICS » DEGREES & MAJORS »Communications Emphasis / Media
BE A media PRO
The effective use of technology in media communications is fast becoming a must-have for churches, ministries, and professionals in nearly every field – from business to education.
Expand your talents
You are a creative person with a passion for the details it takes to communicate a message on a variety of platforms. Your artistic eye and understanding of technology and media may have already given you opportunities to serve in a creative capacity in school, at church, or other areas.
You also know staying on top of this ever-growing, always-changing field is a driving force. In the Communications / Media program, you will hone your skills and learn how to use them to the best of your ability. You will grow in your artistic creativity and expand your talents through practice and experience.
Meet Dr. Janet Hicks, Professor and Chair of the English and Communications Department, School of Arts and Sciences.
YOU WILL LEARN TO ...
- Effectively use audio, video, lighting, projection, graphics and other areas of communications.
- Recruit, train, and mentor others to use media and the arts.
- Provide oversight and direction for the use of media and communications methods.
YOU WILL LEAVE BBC WITH ...
- Expertise in the technologies needed to help a ministry or other organization move forward.
- Discernment in using media tools in a way that glorifies God.
- Abilities to function successfully in complex environments.
- Confidence to contribute knowledge, expertise and leadership skills needed to accomplish communications objectives within an organization.
QUICK FACTS ...
- 132 Credits
- Media practicum experiences provide hands-on training in real situations.
- Work based on your educational needs and experiences.
YOU COULD BE A ...
- Worship Arts Pastor
- Graphic Designer
- Video Producer
- Multimedia Specialist
COURSES INCLUDE ...
- Film: Form and Function
- Video Production
- Graphic Design
- Live Presentation Technology
SEE MORE IN OUR COLLEGE CATALOG.
For questions or more information, contact Dr. Janet Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
COSTS AND FINANCIAL AID
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
- Overview Page
- Estimated Costs
- Net Price Calculator
- Grants & Scholarships
- Resources and Forms
- Guide to Awards
- Terms & Conditions
- FAFSA Verification
- Billing & Payment
- Gainful Employment
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...