ACADEMICS » DEGREES & MAJORS » Communications / Theatre
CONNECTING WITH PEOPLE
Influencing the world for Christ through the arts is a dynamic way to connect with people from all walks of life. Theatre can touch hearts, evoke deep thinking, and can be an avenue to proclaim the gospel in any part of the world. The Communications major with a theatre emphasis places you in shoulder-rubbing range with experienced actors, directors, and distinguished faculty. You will learn through hands-on classes, workshops, and professional coaching. Main stage theatre productions give you the opportunity to hone your acting skills and build your résumé. You’ll experience a wide variety of genres including comedy, drama, musicals, classics, and contemporary works.
Watch the Communications video.
You’ve always loved the stage and you find it hard to stay away from it. You love engaging in art whether by viewing it or making it, and you are passionate about honoring God with your theatrical abilities.
Get the training and experience you need to powerfully communicate the love of Christ through the arts.
Joanna Ferbrache uses acting to put God in the spotlight. A Communications major with an emphasis in Theatre, Joanna plans to pursue a career in missions, using her skills in secular theatres.
YOU WILL LEARN TO ...
- Create quality theatre.
- Design and construct technical elements like lights, sound, sets, and costumes.
- Direct casts and and lead rehearsals.
LEAVE BBC WITH ...
- Proficient acting and directing skills
- First-hand experience in stage performance.
- Valuable leadership and interpersonal strengths for working with teams.
- Biblical philosophies of art and leadership.
QUICK FACTS ...
- 130 credits
- Theatre practicum experience provides the flexibility to gain experience in your desired field.
- Graduates have attended top-level graduate programs, and have gone on to work with LA Film Studios (Los Angeles, CA), Sight and Sound Theatre (Lancaster, PA) and WVIA Television (Pittston, PA).
- Dr. Brian Maxwell has directed over fifty drama productions at BBC.
YOU COULD BE A ...
- Stage Manager
- Drama Ministry Director
- Actor / Actress
COURSES INCLUDE ...
- Introduction to Theatre
- Drama for Worship
- Studies in Dramatic Literature
- Introduction to Technical Theatre
SEE MORE IN OUR COLLEGE CATALOG.
For details about the Communications/Theatre program, contact Dr. Brian Maxwell .
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...