ACADEMICS » DEGREES & MAJORS » Biology
Creation reveals God’s character and power as the creative genius He is. Deepen your understanding of the sciences and be amazed by His handiwork in the Biology major. Your study of biology will lead you to worship and minister in exciting ways outside of a church building.
The world—the earth, skies, seas, animals, birds, fish, and human beings—has always fascinated you. Discovering the intricate details of how everything works together excites you. You are a lover of life and beauty, and are passionate about God’s work in creating both together. You feel as though admiring God’s creation draws you nearer to Him.
Develop your understanding and appreciation of the sciences by studying in the biology major. The class and laboratory experiences in biology, chemistry, and physics give you a broad foundation in the life sciences. You will be ready to step into a variety of careers where you can show God’s grand design to the world or prepare as a pre-professional for graduate work in fields such as medicine.
You will learn to ...
- Operate lab instruments safely.
- Communicate confidently in the realm of scientific knowledge.
- Analyze and interpret data.
- Know fundamentals and advanced levels of life sciences.
You will leave BBC with ...
- A worldview that is consistent with biblical theology and scientific understanding.
- An awareness of the structure and function of God’s creation.
- A solid foundation for all sciences including chemistry and physics.
- Preparation for advanced studies.
Quick Facts ...
- 134/135 Credits
- You’ll be able to explain why science and math are important in everyday life!
- Lab time offers unique opportunities to build relationships with students and professors.
- A snorkeling trip to a private island in Belize can fulfill a marine biology elective.
Landon Morey, of Ithaca, NY is a junior Biology major.
"Mrs. Peggy Wright (Assistant Professor) has influenced me the most. She is consistent, she is fair, she pushes you to your full potential. She reaches out to do be involved with her students while being an amazing teacher, " Landon says.
Read more here.
You could be a ...
- Research Associate
- Laboratory Technician
- Life sciences professional
- Student in graduate or medical studies
Biology courses include ...
SC401 Intro to Organic/Biochemistry
SC231 Physiological Psychology
SC255 Field Marine Biology and Ecology
What they say ...
“During our week in Belize, I learned more than I could have ever imagined...about ecosystems and how species interact with each other and how it impacts the environment. One of the biggest things I learned was to appreciate how amazing God is. Science not only serves as an explanation for how things work, it also shows how intricate and thorough God’s Creation is.”
- Hannah (Sharples) Overlock , 2013 graduate who participated in the Field Marine Biology and Ecology trip to Belize in 2011. Read more about Hannah here.
ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
COSTS AND FINANCIAL AID
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...