ACADEMICS » DEGREES & MAJORS » Intercultural Nursing
Meet the Need for Healing
Wherever there are people, there is a need for healing - spiritual and physical. The Intercultural Nursing major will equip you to reach people with the gospel while you attend to their physical needs. This major is designed for individuals who have already completed nurse’s training, and complements the medical education with four semesters of Bible-saturated missions courses. You will learn how to minister effectively and practically from faculty to have experienced the mission field first-hand.
Ready to help
You have always wanted to be involved in medicine, but you also have a strong desire to minister on the mission field. Your heart beats for those who are hurting around the world, and you can’t wait to start helping. So here you are—competent in nursing and ready to go. You’re in the right place.
Complete your training for ministry and be equipped to offer physical and spiritual healing around the world.
Dr. Bruce Steffes attended BBC before pursuing medical training at the University of Michigan; he said it was transformative for him. He is now the CEO of the Pan-African Academy of Christian Surgeons, a ministry that provides physicians to countries where disease is abundant, but doctors are few.
YOU WILL LEARN TO ...
- Adapt quickly to cross-cultural environments.
- Communicate effectively in different cultures.
- Share the gospel in a variety of situations.
- Care for physical and spiritual needs.
YOU WILL LEAVE BBC WITH ...
- Sound biblical philosophy of cross-cultural ministry.
Valuable teaching and discipling skills.
Theological and biblical foundations for missions and ministry.
Sensitivity to other cultures and customs.
QUICK FACTS ...
- 68 credits.
- This major is designed for students who have already completed nurse’s training.
- The theology, Bible, and ministry classes equip you for missions work to use your nursing skills around the world.
- An internship is not required, but missions opportunities are available throughout the academic year and summer.
COURSES INCLUDE ...
- Missionary Anthropology
- Dynamics of Discipleship
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Personal Life of the Ministry Leader
- Effective Bible Teaching
- Foundations of Ministry Leadership
- World Evangelism
- Family Life of the Ministry Leader
For details about the Intercultural Nursing program, contact Darryl Meekins.
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...