ABOUT BBC » Fast Facts
Who We Are
Baptist Bible College offers an education that goes beyond the average and expected to fulfill a commitment to excellence and a mission of global Christian leadership.
BBC is a fully accredited, faith-centered educational institution that challenges its students, faculty, and staff to "go beyond" in their faith, obedience, learning, commitment to Christ, and their role in global Christian leadership.
The first classes were held in 1932 in Johnson City, NY. The college remained there for 36 years.
A growing student population created the need to find another campus. In 1968, Pennsylvania Governor William Scranton and other civic leaders helped locate the current Clarks Summit, PA, campus for the school.
Baptist Bible Seminary began classes in 1972. Baptist Bible College's Graduate Studies started in 1989.
Why Baptist Bible College and Seminary?
BBC will equip you to serve and lead in ways that shape the culture and impact the world.
Top Ten ways a BBC education goes beyond:
1. Mentors for life. Our faculty members serve as living curriculum in a rigorous, spiritually-focused environment, supporting you through graduation and beyond.
2. Nurturing Christian community. You build meaningful relationships through our close-knit residential life experience, worship, daily chapel, and more.
3. Fulfilling involvement. Whether you enjoy music, theatre, athletics, or campus events, there's something for you at BBC. You can get involved in clubs, intramurals, residence hall leadership, student government, and more.
4. Real-life learning, real-world influence. Under the guidance of a dedicated ministry coach, you will put your faith into practice through relevant experiences, local church involvement, and service programs.
5. Academic excellence with a biblical foundation. BBC is fully accredited and faith-centered, offering dual majors in Bible and nearly 40 other programs, such a business, counseling, and education.
6. Effective global Christian leadership development. You will be equipped to lead with excellence in your family, church, community, and in the career field you choose.
7. Successful graduates. Alumni lead businesses, colleges, schools, churches, missions agencies, camps, and countless other organizations. At BBC, you will join a network of success.
8. Strong preparation. BBC students are accepted at top-level graduate schools and seminaries across the country.
9. Significant financial aid. More than 95 percent of BBC students receive assistance in paying for college. We make your education affordable.
10. Beautiful location. Our campus is located just two hours from metro New York City and Philadelphia. Ski resorts, amusement parks, and state parks are all within a quick drive, so you will find plenty to do off-campus as well.
Includes 17 major buildings, athletic facilities, and a 4 acre lake. Space for chapel services, cafeteria, athletics programs, and other activities is located in the Phelps Student Center.
Total Enrollment: 1,053
High School Profile:
45.6% - Public High School
39.1% - Christian High School
13.8% - Home School
1.5% - Private or other
Baptist Bible College Housing
91% of undergraduates live in one of our 11 modern residence halls
43% - Pennsylvania
59% - from 29 states other than Pennsylvania
1% - from outside the United States
College: 36 (22 hold doctrates)
Seminary: 9 (9 hold doctrates)
Baptist Bible College & Seminary Programs
Bible College Undergraduate Studies:
- One-year Bible certificate
- Two-year Associate of Arts
- Four-year Bachelor of Science and Bachelor or Arts degrees
- Five-year Bachelor of Sacred Music
- Master of Science in Counseling Ministries
- Master of Science in Christian School Education (9 concentrations)
- Master of Arts
- Master of Ministry
- Master of Divinity
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Biblical Studies
Men's Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis
Women's Sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
The Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE)
5850 T.G. Lee Blvd.,Ste 130
Orlando, FL 32822-1781
95% receive financial assistance
Tuition, room, board, and fees $26,890 (2013-2014)
Financial aid is available.
$300 tuition per credit hour
Financial aid is available.
From $300 tuition per credit hour
Financial aid is available.
Our economic impact in the community is estimated at $38 million a year. We generated nearly $16 million in revenue during the 2010-2011 school year and conducted business with about 300 vendors in Pennsylvania alone.
Our students spend about $1 million each year locally.
We provide $6 million in salaries to about 210 employees annually, generating over $60,000 for local government wage taxes. About half of our employees own homes, paying more than $300,000 a year in property taxes.
Special Summer Programs
Each summer nearly 4,000 visitors participate in many programs we offer, including:
- Big Blue sports day camps in basketball and soccer for athletes ranging from five-year olds to ninth graders.
- Overnight Sports Camps for high-school age boys and girls feature soccer, basketball and volleyball.
- Teen Leadership Conference
- Jr. High Bootcamp
- Men’s Conference
- Women's LYFE Conference
- Golf Tournament
ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING
online classes, degrees, adult learners...
apply online, admissions, schedule a visit...
- Overview Page
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Visit the Campus
- Online Campus Tour
- Degree Completion Program
- Tuition Relief Plan
- International Students
- Dual Enrollment
student links, forms, resources...
campus tour, about the area, security...
fast facts, vision and mission, directions...
programs of study, faculty, accreditation...
calendar, residence hall life, spiritual life...
COSTS AND FINANCIAL AID
costs, scholarships & grants, resources...
news, scores, schedules, awards...
career services, transcripts, community...
help students today...
Navigate to other BBC&S websites...