September 2013 Update
Andy & Diane Large (1974)
EFFECTUAL PRAYER LETTER
Dear Faithful Ones of Prayer,
The longer we live we love and respect God’s Holy Written Word more and more. This, of course, is contrary to the unsaved, ungodly person’s view. More and more the world seeks to discredit it. Crisis moments are many times the instrument God uses to bring mankind back to the Word. “…Behold, I am bringing disaster on this people…because they have not listened to my words…” (Jer. 6:19). Let us always cherish God’s everlasting Word.
Causes for rejoicing and thanksgiving:
1. It’s with great gratitude and rejoicing we report that the prayer requested 3 years ago has been wonderfully answered. God in His perfect timing has provided the pastor for the Encounter with Christ Baptist Church. Ernesto de Armas (a lawyer) and his wife Regina de Armas (members of the church) have felt God’s call into full-time service and have been praying for God’s leading for over a year now. Ernesto has matured in the Word in the church and is well loved by the congregation (95% vote for him August 18th). The leading of the Holy Spirit was obvious, there was much rejoicing, and thankfulness was expressed to the Lord. Andy had the privilege of praying for the new pastor and his wife and giving some words of admonition to the church.
2. Our Managua house sale appears to be progressing well and we can now be freed of the mortgage, besides helping the ECC Church toward property purchase, and help our family with some funds.
3. Bible teachers are lined up for the Stilecroft School ministry. Praise the Lord for such a great ABWE team of ready, willing workers in Nicaragua, and for the new families that have been added to the team.
4. God continues to bless the Institute of Church Planters, started by our colleagues, and one of the Nicaraguan church planters now wants to start a branch of the Institute in his area.
Please pray with us for these requests:
1. Safety as we move to San Juan del Sur, our new field, known by many as a very licentious city on the Pacific coast.
2. Please pray that the Lord will lead us to those who are truly searching for Him and His truth, and give us wisdom in starting the work there.
3. Please pray for Pastor Ernesto and wife Regina as they take on the great responsibility of shepherding the ECC Church flock. Pray for continued unity and growth, and for God’s provision of a property and building for them.
4. We are finding the cost of living in San Juan is going to be a real stretch for us. Internet access alone is $100/month, rent is $1,250/month, water, electricity, and gas are more expensive than in Managua. As we are already $4,000 in the red with ministry funds and short $153 in monthly support, please pray for God’s provision for these needs.
5. Please pray for some of our family members who are going through hard times these days.
Thank you so much for making our ministry in Nicaragua possible through your prayers and gifts!
Resting on His eternal promises,
Andy and Diane Large
Personal web site: www.large.abwe.org
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Field Address: Apt. C-352, Managua, Nicaragua
Mission Address: ABWE, That P.O. Box 8585, Harrisburg, PA 17105-8585
Canadian Office: 980 Adelaide St. S., Suite #34, London, ON N6E 13R
Andy and Diane Large
Serving the King of Kings in Nicaragua with ABWE
Return to the Prayer & Praise List