July 2013 Update
Andy & Diane Large (1974)
God has been blessing us with showers of blessing in the work as well as in the rainy season here in Nicaragua. As you have prayed…
1. The school year ended at the Stilecroft Christian School where we have been teaching the Bible or “Faith” classes (three opportunities weekly), and there have been several decisions for salvation of students as well as a growing interest in biblical truths on the part of both students and teachers. We’re very thankful for our ABWE co-workers Carmen Heffner, Richard and Cari Woughter, Laura Edgar, and Mark and Jen Holsinger who have participated in the teaching as well. Praise God for a great ABWE Nica team!
2. The Ciudad Jardin Church that we helped start is doing very well with their new pastor. To God’s glory the ECC Church is showing more and more growth in unity and missions outreach. There are six candidates for baptism this month. There are now five who have come back from Bible Schools and are assisting in the church as well as in other mission efforts in the city.
3. God has provided a place for us to live (rent) in San Juan del Sur – a fishing port and major vacation and retiree town on the Pacific, two hours south of the capital city of Managua. We plan to move to this new ministry in August. There is much need for the Gospel as there is no Baptist church and no established church that preaches eternal security. If you would like a detailed plan for the ministry in San Juan we will be happy to send it to you.
Please pray for God’s blessing:
1. Please pray for Brenda Solorzano, a young lady whom we had the privilege of leading to Christ while giving her marital counsel 11 years ago. Though the marriage was not saved, Brenda was, and grew much in the Lord. After she served as secretary of the church, God led her to go to the ABWE Bible Seminary in Lima, Peru, to prepare to serve the Lord in counseling as well as serving in a Crisis Pregnancy Clinic Ministry. She has started serving in the churches and schools in Managua. Pray for encouragement for her as only a tenth of the support needed has been provided so far. She has been giving teaching on abstinence in several schools as well as preparing other women for the counseling ministry. She is teamed up with Traci Warner, an ABWE missionary nurse practitioner. Please pray for the provision of the funds necessary for this much needed ministry to get off the ground.
2. Please pray for great blessing and the preparation, presentation, and reception of the gospel in the TIME teen drama ministry June 24-July 8th. This group of 16 young people from the U.S. plus a pastor from Ica, Peru, is scheduled to present their evangelistic program in 15 schools, 3 churches, and several other public places in the cities of Managua, Granada, and San Juan.
3. We really need to sell our house in Managua within this next month. We cannot afford to be paying both rent in San Juan del Sur and mortgage payments on the house in Managua. Please pray that we can sell it soon.
We pray that God will shower YOU with blessings as you serve Him with your prayers and gifts!
Gratefully your servants for Christ,
Andy and Diane Large
Return to the Prayer & Praise List