May 2013 Update
Andy & Diane Large (1974)
Dear Partners in Ministry,
We trust and pray God’s grace is your praise and glory. Often we have pondered our Lord’s words when He, with no doubt deep concern, asked, “…when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8b) This is referring to the moment of His coming to judge the earth seven years after the tribulation. But one cannot help but ask the question, if the Lord came today would He find faith? A poor turnout and cancellation of prayer meetings and a lessening of emphasis on prayer today would seem to indicate a lack of total dependence on God to work things out. But we thank God upon every memory of you for your confident dependence on God to work through prayer. We love you
Once again God has answered prayer…
• For the graduation of Brenda Solórzano and God’s working in many willing to volunteer time and service for the Esperanza Viva (“Living Hope”) Prenatal Center. Please pray that God would provide the support needed for this new ministry.
• For open doors of ministry for a coming drama youth team and for marriage counseling by us in San Juan del Sur, the largest southernmost town in Nicaragua. We have a growing burden for this area as there is not one church in the ten that exist that teaches the eternal security of the believer.
• God blessed and gave us help for the two and a half hour class on the Strategy in Church Planting at the Institute of Church Planters in April, and we encouraged them in this great work of planting new churches here in Nicaragua.
• Praise for growth in interest in the Bible seen in the students of the Stilecroft Christian School.
• Praise God for extra gifts totaling $1,515 in our Ministry funds, and $1,000 for the ECC Church!
Please pray for these burdens, where only God can work:
1. Pray for the Gospel to penetrate through the false teaching and false hopes of many friends of ours in Nicaragua.
2. Pray for safety and fruit for a missions outreach to a remote but important area in Nicaragua on May 12-16th. We will be accompanying a national pastor to survey the need for missions on the San Juan River.
3. Please pray for great blessing and the preparation of, presentation of, and reception of the gospel in the evangelistic teen drama ministry June 24-July 8th. We are setting up the schedule of presentations for this.
4. Please remember in prayer the choice of an interim pastor for the ECC Church. They have voted to call one, and need to decide on the right man.
5. Pray for a new property search for the ECC Church as the other deal fell through.
6. Pray for the salvation of souls in the Stilecroft Christian School.
7. Please pray for us to have God’s wisdom and encouragement and to speak the truth boldly in love.
May God grant us the faith to continue taking the shield of faith and be “praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints” (Ephesians 6:18).
We are so thankful to God for you,
Andy and Diane Large
Return to the Prayer & Praise List