March 2013 Update
Andy & Diane Large (1974)
“Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 4:6,7) Here we find one of the secrets to peace in our hearts, no matter what the circumstances around us – praying with thanksgiving! Acknowledging His Presence, His Goodness, His Sovereignty in everything! Sometimes it isn’t easy, but it’s certainly worth it to have that peace that passes all understanding! And to know and rejoice in His Presence and Love!
Some causes for thanksgiving this month (as you prayed):
• God gave us traveling mercies as we traveled up from Nicaragua and drove from Florida to Pennsylvania and back in our generous sister Linda Bond’s car, and as Andy flew to Leticia, Colombia, and then took the local boat to Caballo Cocha on the Amazon in Peru.
• The Family Conference for Leaders at the Ministry Center in Caballo Cocha was well attended (over 70) and greatly blessed of the Lord. Andy had the opportunity to teach two of the classes for the five days and to preach, speaking a total of eleven times besides doing some marital and other counseling. After the showing of the “Courageous” movie, sixteen men came forward promising to be better fathers, and after the preaching of the final evening, twenty came forward to dedicate themselves to being a better witness for Christ. Praise the Lord for His working!
• The meeting of the Board of the Ministry Center in Caballo Cocha went well and we believe good decisions were made for the future of the ministries there.
Please help us in praying for the following (always with thanksgiving!):
1. Please pray for God’s continued provision of funds for the Ministry Center in Caballo Cocha, Peru and for the property and building for the ECC Church in Nicaragua.
2. Please pray that God would use us to reach more of our Nicaraguan friends and contacts with the Gospel of Christ. We want to be His hands, feet, and mouth, showing them His great love and offer of salvation.
3. Please pray for the new believers in Nicaragua and their spiritual growth and discipleship.
4. Please pray for Brenda Solorzano as she will soon be back in Managua to establish a Crisis Pregnancy Center. Recent Update: She had a setback in plans because of a problem with the Peruvian migrations at the airport not allowing her to leave on Feb. 25th, and has had to pay twice as much for tickets, etc., but God is providing. She now lacks only about $700 more for the tickets. Pray that God will provide the right building and location for this Center and guide Brenda as she trains volunteers from the local churches to help in this great ministry of reaching young ladies who are in crisis with the Gospel and with counsel from God’s Word. More about this in the next letter…
5. Please pray for the health of our parents who are now in an assisted living facility in Florida. Dad Bond has had a hard time getting his diabetes under control after a staph infection in his blood. Praise God he is still able to continue with his ministry in the prison twice a week.
We rejoice in all that God has done and will continue doing through your faithful prayers and support! Thank you, wonderful Prayer Team!
Gratefully yours: Andy and Diane Large
Personal web site: http://www.large.abwe.org/
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Address: Apt. C-352, Managua, Nicaragua
Mission Address: ABWE, That P.O. Box 8585, Harrisburg, PA 17105-8585
Canadian Office: 980 Adelaide St. S. , Suite #34, London, ON N6E 13R
Return to the Prayer & Praise List