February 2013 Update
Chris & Donna Sadowitz (1985)
Dear Prayer Warriors,
May God bless you and cause His face to shine upon you! Psalm 67:1 May He bless you because you pray for us and for the believers in Japan. Without God's people praying nothing of significance would get done as Jesus rightly said, “. . . for without me you can do nothing!” (John 15) We have been reminded of our own frailties recently with a slew of problems that we are unable to solve:
The death of a new friend in our men's discipleship group.
The death of a friend's father.
Constant hassles with travel.
The inability of the U.S. Government to grant Rota a visa.
The continued unbelief of friends we share our faith with.
Spiritual lethargy all around and sometimes within us.
Especially in times like this we need to pray. A weekly prayer gathering of local pastors of different denominations has brought out how painfully weak my prayer life is. We are becoming more convinced that the problems we experience (of my own making or not) are God's gymnasium to develop our prayer muscles. We praise the Lord for a recent sermon at our home church by Pastor Jim Murphy from II Corinthians 1:8-11 on the purpose of problems in our life. At the least the presence of problems can help us to . . .
S. Stop trusting in own abilities and trust in God.
U. Understand that the problem itself is not about us, but about what God wants to accomplish for His glory.
I. Increase our faith as we learn to lean on Him during the trial.
T. Teach and disciple by experience. When we walk through a problem with God we have another tool to help someone else through their problems.
May February be the month that we put on our PRAYER SUITS instead of our snow suits!
Praises and Prayer Requests
1. Praise God with us, the Equipping Conference entitled: “Developing missional people in the Susquehanna Valley” was well attended. God allowed the 13 speakers to share His word and principles of discipleship to over 170 participants for a full day. May God grant us disciple making disciples in the valley!
2. Praise God that Rota, our Japanese disciple, made it back to Japan. Please pray for courage to share his faith with unsaved parents and friends.
3. Praise God for raising up 76 new supporters at $20 a month each. Please pray for the remaining 24 needed supporters.
4. Please pray for discipline to study and prepare for many speaking engagements this winter and for preparing a class for Asia Bible Theological Seminary.
5. Praise God for the opportunity to share Christ at St. Johns Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Chris's childhood church). Please pray for follow up opportunities as the teacher wants help and knowing how to get the kids interested in Christ.
Chris and Donna Sadowitz
Return to the Prayer & Praise List