February 2013 Update
Dale & Karen Marshfield (1977)
Dear Prayer Partners,
God gave me ten great days of ministry in South Africa in January. I was able to meet with leaders from three colleges in Cape Town and encourage them to join the training we have planned for June. It looks like we should have a good response for those three days of faculty enrichment.
After three days in the Cape, it was off to Durban for a weekend. It is always a blessing to speak at The Phoenix Fellowship, reconnect with people we love, and see what God is doing to expand and grow that ministry. Please pray for Pastor Selvan Govender and his wife, Diana. They have a huge ministry vision and carry a heavy load. I cannot tell you how thankful I am they are leading that group of God's people.
Sunday afternoon involved a short drive to Pietermaritzburg where on Monday I started three days of training with the faculty of the Union Bible Institute. What a great group of teachers. UBI is one of the few ministry training programs that runs a Zulu language tract as well as a one in English. We had 15 people in the training. They were very responsive and appreciative. Before we ended, they officially asked me to return in July for the second module in the training. Of course, I happily agreed. So, things have shaped up nicely for a very full ministry in June and July in Cape Town, Durban, and Pietermaritzburg.
I got back to the USA just in time for three very full days of Essential Mission Components 2 course design. We have a great design team of veteran missionaries working on this course. Our goal is to roll it out in July 2013. But there is a lot of work to do before then.
Here is what lies ahead...
• Over the next two weeks I will try to focus on the development of the Understanding by Design Module 3 training that is to be rolled out in the Philippines in March / April.
• At the end of February I will travel to Chiang Mai, Thailand for the Asia Biblical Theological Seminary Board meetings. Then I will participate in the inaugural events for the new Dean of the Seminary. Pray for this important training ministry in Asia, and the decisions we will be making as a Board.
• March 11-18 Karen will once again lead the team cooking for the semi-annual ABWE Candidate Seminar. This is a great service to those preparing to join the Mission.
• March 10-13 I will join our Horizon International Schools staff at the conference of the Comparative and International Education Society.
• March 20-April 18 I will be in the Philippines. Here is my itinerary for that time:
March 25-27 IloIlo City: DBBC Faculty
April 2-4 Manila: BBSI Faculty
April 15 Manila -ITE Presidents Seminar
April 8 - 18 Good Soil training for college professors
Thank you for your prayers for these important ministries. I want to be ready in every way for each opportunity - spiritually, mentally, physically and socially. Please pray to that end.
God has wonderfully provided the funds we needed for the January trip to Africa and my trip to Chiang Mai. However, we are still in need of funding for the ministries in the Philippines in March / April and South Africa in June/ July.
Thank you for all you do,
Return to the Prayer & Praise List