February 2013 Update
Andy & Diane Large (1974)
Dear Much Esteemed Prayer Partners and Friends,
Now not Blizzards of Snow, but beautiful big red flowers are blooming in the tops of trees in Nicaragua. Two of those trees with yellow-green leaves are just feet away from our windows, attracting certain beautiful birds. I’m challenged to ask both of us: Is our fruit of service beautiful and attractive to others? The measure of love for our Lord is blossomed out through our thoughts, words, actions, and deeds. “But thanks be to God, who always leads us in His triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.” (2 Cor. 2:14)
Fruit for great rejoicing…
• One small 7 year old student from Stilecroft Christian School came with her Christian parents and aunt requesting that the baby daughter of 8 months named Bethlehem be dedicated to the Lord in prayer. This family plans to keep coming to the E.C.C. Baptist Church now.
• The Monday morning devotionals at 7:00 A.M. at Stilecroft are being blessed of the Lord, as well as the Bible classes on Thursdays and Fridays. Many students are keeping the weekly memory verse cards. In our month’s absence (2 weeks visiting family in North America and 2 weeks ministering in Caballo Cocha, Peru) four of the E.C.C. Church leaders are going to cover the devotionals at the school.
• God has blessed us with some help for the ministry trip to Peru and a raise in much needed support. You are so gracious, all of you supporters in prayer and gifts!
• We thank you for praying for health for the family in the States recovering from the vicious virus.
Fruit in need of prayer for a great harvest…
1. Please pray for great faith and wisdom for the E.C.C. Church family as plans are made for church property purchase. Additional funds are still needed to complete the amount (without taking out a bank loan, as stipulated in the ABWE Partner Project agreement).
2. Please pray for the new believers in Nicaragua and their spiritual growth and discipleship. The young adult daughter of one of the new believers accepted the Lord this past week! Please pray for their growth in Christ.
3. Please pray for Brenda Solorzano and daughter as they travel back from Peru the end of this month (where Brenda has been preparing for Christian service) and will be living with us until a Crisis Pregnancy Center clinic-office is located and lodging elsewhere becomes possible. Please pray about a great need and rewarding opportunity – equipping the Center with chairs, tables, and some medical equipment.
4. Please pray for wisdom for some important decisions to be made at the Ministry Center in Caballo Cocha, Peru, and the Lord’s blessing in the Conference to be held for all the area churches and pastors, February 11-15, in which we will be speaking at least five times.
The seed is being planted and a great harvest is in progress as you all pray. Thank you, Harvest Team!
Gratefully yours: Andy and Diane Large
February 7 Update
Please pray for Diane's Dad - here is the message he sent out:
A special need for prayer:
Don was diagnosed in the emergency room on Monday(2/4) with a staph infection in the blood which has caused his glucose to spike. Viv
is fine. We will write more another day when the head is working better.
Thanks for your prayer interest.
Don and Viv
Return to the Prayer & Praise List