January 2013 Update
Steve & Jan Wivell (1970)
We are at the end of another year again! This is an opportunity to review blessings, answers to prayer, and ministry opportunities of 2012. During these last days of the year, we are starting to look forward to the new year and think of our goals for 2013 always keeping in mind James 4:14-15 “Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow, for what is your life? … ye ought to say, if the Lord will, we shall live and do this or that.”
The Lord's blessings in 2012 included:
• His provision for financial funds during economic stress
• Health and safety for both of us
• Opportunities to present the gospel message
• New students at the Bible college (total enrolment – 40)
• Relocation of the Bible college to a more accessible site. The renovations are almost complete and the official moving date is January 19.
• Two additional Australian lecturers started teaching at Victoria Baptist Bible College making a total of 5 national teachers
• Our daughter, Anna Beth, completed the deputation trail and language school She will begin her ministry in Chad, Africa on December 31.
What are some of our prayer requests and goals for 2013?
If the Lord be willing:
• We will continue to progress towards indigenization of the Bible college ministry. This includes enlisting more national lecturers and hiring an assistant administrator
• September 21 will be graduation for 3 of our students and the dedication of our new building
• We want to take a short-term missions trip to another field, that is, to Africa to minister along with our daughter for 2 to 3 weeks
A special word of thanks to each of you. We count on you to be co-laborers with us in 2013.
Stephen and Jan Wivell
Return to the Prayer & Praise List