December 2012 Update
Larry & Sallie Fogle (2001)
REPORT ON LARRY’S TRIP TO JAMAICA NOV 16 – DEC 3
My primary ministry was teaching a two-week module course on the book of “Hebrews” at Fairview Baptist Bible College in the interior of JAMAICA. I was also scheduled to speak three days in chapel, and at four area churches on the weekends.
BMM missionaries Ken and Cléa Rathbun were my hosts. They live in Montego Bay, but drive back and forth to Fairview several times a week in order to fulfill their administrative and teaching responsibilities at the Bible college. They also serve in a church in Montego Bay that has been planted in the last several years. The Rathbuns hosted me in their apartment one night when I first arrived, then two nights at the end of my trip. In addition they arranged my Sunday preaching schedule, moved me around the island as necessary, made sure I was comfortable in the guest house out at Fairview and took responsibility for assigning and grading some of the research assignments for my class. Thanks, Ken and Cléa, for serving so cheerfully!
Fairview Baptist Bible College is small, with a total of fifteen full-time students. I had nine in my class, including the eight freshmen and sophomores and one senior student who needed this class in order to graduate next spring. It was a fun group to teach! Several of the group were excellent students, the majority were average, and one required special attention in order to help him pass the class.
I spent two weeks on the Bible college campus. They put me in the very adequate guest house at the top of the hill. I had water regularly, electricity with only a couple of short cut-offs, and intermittent internet access for email. My bed was comfortable and the hot-water shower was satisfying. I had a lot of quiet time for study and writing. I ate my meals with the students in the cafeteria for lunch and supper each day Monday through Friday. But I was on my own for meals on the weekends. I was prepared with some microwave dinners, ramen noodle soups, and a whole grilled chicken which I could keep refrigerated and eat a bit at a time. I managed just fine!
1. Praise the Lord for His blessing on Larry’s PEP ministry trip to JAMAICA.
2. Praise the Lord for His leading not to schedule a PEP ministry trip to INDIA within the time limit of the six-month visas granted us. Our Indian friends did invite us for a conference, but the dates conflicted with other previous commitments and we had to decline. We accept this as God’s will for us, and will work toward a later ministry trip for them.
1. Pray for scheduling for future PEP ministry trips and for meetings in American churches in 2013.
2. Pray for God’s provision of additional financial support according to His will. Due to financial problems faced by some of our supporters, we have lost another $200 per month in 2012. We’re not complaining; God has surely demonstrated His ability to provide for our needs through special gifts. But we do need you to pray with us for an increased support base. We will be working hard to get into more American churches next year to present our ministry.
3. Pray for God’s provision of the $2,000 needed to cover the remaining costs of our February PEP trip to CHAD. We have purchased our international tickets, but there are some additional costs: interior flights, visas, printing and binding class notes, etc.
Once again we thank you for your love, your prayers and your support. We trust that you will enjoy a meaningful Christmas and a new year full of God’s blessings!
Larry and Sallie
Return to the Prayer & Praise List