December 2012 Update
Chris & Donna Sadowitz (1985)
Have you ever noticed a “moon set?” Yes, a moon set not a sunset. On November 29th I noticed not only a spectacular moon, as it settled into the western horizon at 6:45 a.m., but a moon rise beginning so early that only it's full phase made it distinguishable from the waning light of the afternoon sun. Sunrises and sunsets are a lot like our fast paced culture today: bright, flashy, full of grandeur, in your face, intense, even overwhelming at times. On the other hand one has to almost get ready to notice when the moon will appear. More often than not, something in us causes us to pause, physically stop what we are doing, and all of a sudden we have a, “Wow! Look at that moon” type of a moment.
The work of the Spirit of God in the world and in our hearts is much more akin to a moon set or a moon rise. It was a silent night that Emmanuel came. And God still comes to us in the long nights of our suffering. The darker the circumstances and the deeper our problems, He is still our Bright and Morning Star; a very present help in times of trouble and a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
And it is with His still small voice that we are led. God's will can capture us and draw us to Himself much like the moon controls the tides. His wisdom delights in leading and guiding us as the Star led the three wise men to the stable where the quiet King ruled.
Psalm 46:10 Be Still! And Know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in the earth. God's mission and glory remains imminent in spite of our ignorance. His graciousness expressed in the Christ child reminds us that we are made for Him.
May the silence of the season be the loudest reason for our return to loving Him and living for Him.
Praise and Prayer
1. Praise God for a spiritually refreshing furlough thus far.
2. Praise God: God has given us many new families who are committed to sending us back to Japan.
3. Praise God: Rota is growing at Central Baptist Christian Academy as well as Michelle and Naomi.
4. Please pray for Rota's student visa - we have been waiting for a year on Homeland Security.
5. Please pray for January 26th as we host a seminar for the purpose of raising-up mission minded people in the Susquehanna Valley. Please pray for good preparation from the speakers, that many will attend and for strengthening of the churches in the valley.
6. Please pray that we would not be silent about our Savior in 2013. Our prayer is, “God let me lead someone to You this coming year; in Jesus name we pray, Amen
Thanks for partnering with us,
Chris & Donna
Return to the Prayer & Praise List