ALUMNI PRAISE AND PRAYER

October 2012 Update

Larry & Sallie Fogle  (2001)

Dear Prayer Partners,

Sallie and I are still planning to make a PEP ministry trip to INDIA this month, God willing. But today’s news is that our visas have still not been granted. So we’re still in Roanoke VA waiting.

We were to have left yesterday morning, Wednesday. God obviously has another plan. Tomorrow, Friday, is the last day this week that our visas could be granted by the Indian Embassy. They are closed Saturday and Sunday, and Travisa is closed Monday for “Columbus Day.” So after tomorrow the next day our visas could be forthcoming would be Tuesday of next week.

We are standing ready to throw the last things into our suitcases. A friend in Washington DC is standing ready to pick up our passports as soon as the visas are granted (we would hear the news late in the afternoon), then drive four hours to Roanoke to hand-deliver them to us. And our travel agent is standing ready to rebook our tickets as soon as we know that the visas are in hand.

We have been told that a manager is now working with our Travisa representative to seek a resolution to our visa problem. If our visas are granted tomorrow, Friday, we could be on our way Saturday morning and arrive at the location of our first conference on Tuesday morning.

Someone asked us this morning if our intended traveling companions, the Williquettes, have arrived yet in INDIA. No, they haven’t. They are half-way to their destination in northeast INDIA, the town of Silchar in the state of Assam. From departure to arrival Saturday morning (INDIA time) the trip takes about two and a half days, including overnights in Bangkok and Calcutta.

PRAYER REQUESTS:
1. Please pray for Pastor Scott Williquette and his wife Vicki as they continue their trip (and probably start the first conference) without us.
2. Please pray for God's will about when our India visas will be granted, and peace for us as we wait. Of course our desire is that we might have our visas tomorrow, if God permits.

Thank you for your concern about these unexpected circumstances and for your continuing prayers!

Your missionaries,
Larry and Sallie


October 8 Update

Dear friends,

UPDATE ON INDIA VISA SITUATION

Sallie and I are still planning to catch up with our short-term ministry partners, Pastor Scott Williquette and his wife Vicki, in INDIA as soon as possible. But our visas have still not been granted. There are “no problems,” the Indian Embassy says, but the approval of our visas have already taken three weeks longer than expected. So we continue to wait in Roanoke VA, ready to throw our last things into our suitcases!

The next possible day our visas could be granted will be Tuesday. If God allows that to happen we could potentially leave the next morning, Wednesday, October 10, and arrive in INDIA the following Saturday. We will miss the first week’s pastors’ conference, but we could continue with the rest of the ministry until the end of the trip. If we don’t get the visas on Tuesday, then our arrival in INDIA will be bumped back again for each day of delay. As soon as the visas are granted I will send out another email update; until then keep praying.

Although we have not yet heard from them Pastor Scott and Vicki should be in Silchar now, in the state of Assam. Please pray for them as they start the scheduled ministries there, even as you pray for the release of our visas.

Thank you to all of you who have been concerned for our visas in the past two weeks and prayed so urgently about this. We are grateful for your love and care for us!

WHAT’S COMING UP?
Oct 3-24 PEP ministry trip to INDIA (with team-teacher Pastor Scott Williquette)
– with both our wives accompanying us
Oct 28 Missions Conf, West Cannon Bapt Ch, Belmont MI
Oct 29 – Nov 2 R&R with family in MI
Nov 4 am Grace Bapt Ch, Cambridge OH
Nov 7-11 Missions Conf, Shenandoah Bapt Ch, Roanoke VA
Nov 16 – Dec 3 PEP ministry trip to JAMAICA
Dec 9 Available for meetings
Dec 16 Granger Bapt Ch, Granger IN

Your missionaries,
Larry and Sallie


October 15 Update

Dear friends,

INDIA TRIP CANCELLED

According to God’s will, our Indian visas have still not been granted. Sallie and I have remained ready from day to day, in case we might be able to depart the next day. But now it is too late; even if we received our visas next Monday, we would arrive at our destination in INDIA only as the second pastors’ conference is ending. So it is time to cancel the trip entirely.

Pastor Scott Williquette will handle the teaching with excellence at the second conference as he did at the first one. His wife Vicki will provide quality special music with keyboard and flute as originally intended. We hear that they are doing well and that everyone appreciates their ministry!

Our passports remain at the Indian Embassy in Washington DC. We still do not know of any problems that have delayed the visas. In any case we will leave our passports to continue through the visa process, because we still want the visas for future trips. I do not really need my passport back until I leave for JAMAICA November 16.

Our travel agent is checking on the exact amount of credit we can count on from our cancelled INDIA tickets. We will lose some of the value of our tickets from Jet Airways (our airline from Bangkok into India and back to Bangkok), plus the “change of ticket” fees from our Delta tickets. But the bulk of our ticket value will be held for us as a credit by the airlines, and we can apply that credit toward tickets for some future trip.

Although we were passionate about getting to INDIA if God would allow us, we have to admit that it’s a relief to step off the roller coaster we have ridden for so many days. We maintain our trust in God’s sovereign control and our confidence in His perfect will. God is accomplishing His purposes through all of this, even if we don’t know what they are!

Thank you to all of you who have shared our concerns before the Lord during the past several weeks. We are grateful for your love and prayers!

PRAYER REQUESTS
1. Pray for Pastor Scott Williquette and his wife Vicki as they continue to minister in INDIA until the end of their trip October 24.
2. Pray for wisdom in scheduling additional PEP ministry trips and meetings in American churches for 2013.

WHAT’S COMING UP?
Oct 28 Missions Conf, West Cannon Bapt Ch, Belmont MI
Oct 29 – Nov 2 R&R with family in MI
Nov 4 am Grace Bapt Ch, Cambridge OH
Nov 7-11 Missions Conf, Shenandoah Bapt Ch, Roanoke VA
Nov 16 – Dec 3 PEP MINISTRY TRIP TO JAMAICA (ticket in hand)
Dec 9 am Courtland Mission Fellowship, Rockford MI
Dec 9 pm Available for meeting in western MI
Dec 10-15 R&R with family in MI
Dec 16 Granger Bapt Ch, Granger IN
Jan 5-20 PEP MINISTRY TRIP TO HAITI (ticket in hand)
Jan 30 – Feb 18 PEP MINISTRY TRIP TO CHAD (need to buy ticket by end-Oct)

Your missionaries,
Larry and Sallie

Posted: 10/5/2012  Expires: 11/4/2012

Return to the Prayer & Praise List

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

return to the Alumni homepage |