October 2012 Update
Chris & Donna Sadowitz (1985)
Dear Prayer Warriors,
In one of our previous prayer letters we wrote to you about the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. As we understood that Scripture pointed out to us that grace goes before us and proceeds after us, we came to understand the amazing ELASTICITY of grace. We return once again to this inexhaustible theme of the grace of Jesus and contemplate its ENDURANCE.
“ . . . as to this salvation the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries, seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.” -1 Peter 1:10-11. As we take notice of Peter's view of grace we see that it is based on a person (Christ), and time (prediction, to follow). Grace is strong because of the Person who has proved His performance from the beginning of time (HE DOES ALL THINGS WELL).
“. . . fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.” – 1 Peter 1:13. Here we see the future aspect of grace which will be brought, in its fullness and perfection, at the 2nd coming. Since the coming of Jesus and His Kingdom was inaugurated with the first advent (D-Day!) and will be brought to completion with the 2nd (V-Day!), we can experience the power of grace in the interim as we await the One we love and who loves us. So we can confirm the endurance of grace in that it is present with us every day no matter what that day may look like or what it may bring.
A recent foray into the financial markets made crystal clear the wonderful endurance of grace both in the need of it in daily life, and also in the securing of our eternal future. Upon returning home we noticed that one of our savings accounts for our kid’s college bills was minus $13,000. Its seems that New York State law treats any accounts that have not received mail for over four years to be treated as abandoned and the money confiscated by the State. Since we had moved to Japan after our last furlough the change of address never made it to Albany and they helped themselves to our account. I knew NYS was hard up for cash, but taking money from a missionary is like taking candy from a baby! Not to worry, we get it back, praise the Lord.
Contrast this story to the endurance and perfection of grace that accrues the glory of Heaven to our accounts daily and lays up for us . . . (oh, let Peter say it) “. . . resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you”!!!!!!! -1 Peter 1:3-4. And that, my brothers and sisters, is the wonderful endurance of the grace of Jesus!
Prayer and Praise
1. Praise God for His grace in leading us safely and prosperously into the transition from Japan to the USA for our year of ministering to the churches here.
2. Praise God for Asako and Rota our Japanese disciples who are now enrolled in schools here in America. Please continue to pray for Rota's visa situation.
3. Praise God for Central Baptist Christian Academy where our kids will attend school while we are in the US.
4. Praise God for the beautiful fall weather and good health to enjoy His creation daily!
5. Please pray for wisdom and ability to biblically make disciples in the churches we visit and in our home town.
6. Please pray for the Spiritual health of our supporting churches and individuals.
7. Please pray for God to provide the $1,500 /month support we need to return to the field of Japan and continue making disciples there.
8. Please pray for our friend Marcie who is having a severe health challenge presently.
Thanks for partnering with us,
Chris & Donna
Home Church: First Baptist Church 1321 Reynolds Road Johnson City, NY 13790 Phone: (607) 238-7795
Missionary Letter Service: To be added to the prayer list or to change an address Phone: (585) 237-6054
Or Email: email@example.com To contact the Sadowitz’: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to the Prayer & Praise List